Design and construction proceeds through a number of Work Stages
- A. Appraisal Identification of client’s requirements and possible constraints on development. Preparation of studies to enable the client to decide whether to proceed and to select the probable procurement method.
- B. Strategic Briefing Preparation of Strategic Brief, by or on behalf of the client, confirming key requirements and constraints. Identification of procedures, organisational structure and range of consultants and others to be engaged for the Project.
- C. Outline Proposals Commence development of Strategic Brief into full Project Brief. Preparation of outline proposals and estimate of cost.
Review of procurement route.
- D. Detailed Proposals Final scheme design.
Preparation of and submission of Planning Application.
- E. Final Proposals Preparation of and submission of Building Regulations application.
- F. Production Information F1. Preparation of production information in sufficient detail to enable Information a tender or tenders to be obtained.
F2. Preparation of further production information required under the building contract.
- G. Tender Documentation Preparation and collation of tender documentation in sufficient detail to enable a tender or tenders to be obtained.
- H. Tender Action Identification and evaluation of potential tenderers.
Obtaining and appraising tenders.
- J. Mobilisation Letting the building contract, appointing the contractor.
Issuing of production information to the contractor.
- K. Construction to Practical Completion Administration of the building contract up to and including practical completion.
- L. After Practical Completion Administration of the building contract after practical completion.
Making final inspections and setting the final account.
Printable version (pdf format) of the summarized RIBA Plan of Work
The above information is a synopsis from the “Standard Agreement 2010 Architect” Schedules available from RIBA Bookshops (http://www.ribabookshops.com/item/riba-standard-agreement-2010-architect/69979/).
and Planning Consultants
25 Lushington Road Eastbourne BN21 4GL
Telephone 01323 410421
Fax 01323 410621